Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this page for help documentation that reflects the Legacy Dashboard.
Shoppers receive one of the following errors upon proceeding to Delivery options:
Delivery is not available for this order.
We are not able to ship to the address selected. Please choose another shipping address.
This error occurs when Bolt is unable to display shipping options. Although the error message says to verify the shipping address, there can be different underlying reasons as to the root cause of this issue. Here are the top three solutions you can try to resolve this issue:
Step 1: Verify Shipping & Tax URLs
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developers > API.
- Scroll to Merchant API.
- Review endpoint URLs and update if necessary. (Unavailable to review for BigCommerce merchants)
If the console presents an error stating
no such host, updating your DNS nameserver record (e.g.,
/etc/resolv.conf) may resolve your issue.
Step 2: Unblock Bolt Requests (Hosts)
If your store is not on a fully-hosted platform, it’s possible that Bolt’s requests are being blocked by your host (e.g., Cloudflare). In these cases, Bolt receives a 403 error response from your server. To resolve this, add [Bolt’s IP addresses] to your hosts Auto-Approved List. After you have added Bolt’s IP addresses, refresh your browser and try to checkout again.
Step 3: Replicate Outside Bolt
Because Bolt receives the available shipping options from the shopping cart platform, the shipping options displayed in the Bolt modal should match what is displayed on your site’s native platform pages. Therefore, a useful technique to determine if the issue exists outside of Bolt, is to see if shipping options are returned on your site’s cart page using an estimate shipping feature or via the native checkout page. Make sure to replicate using the shopper’s exact cart details (same items, quantities, discount codes, address, etc.) and ensure the order total matches up. If no shipping options are returned outside of Bolt, the issue usually resides within your shopping cart platform or shipping provider. Some common things to check:
- The cart meets the minimum order total amount.
- All items in the cart have weight assigned.
- Check to confirm the cart does not meet any known shipping restrictions due to the items in the cart, discount applied (if applicable), and the shopper’s address.
Reach Out To Bolt Support
If you are unable to resolve the issue or reproduce it outside of Bolt, please [reach out to the Bolt Support Team]. The following details will assist our team in further troubleshooting:
- The email of a shopper who encountered this issue.
- The contents of the shopper’s cart and address. We recommend providing a screenshot of the error, as it will contain these details.
- The name of your shipping provider, and if there were any outages or reported issues with that service during the time of the issue.
- Any server error logs that align with the time of the reported issue. : /developers/references/bolt-ip-addresses/#ips-that-enable-bolt-server-access : /operations/support/