Customer Account Migration
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience, which is currently in Beta. See this page for help documentation that reflects the new dashboard.
You can migrate customer accounts from an ecommerce platform to Bolt. Doing so unlocks the ability for customers to use Single Sign-On(SSO) at checkout.
Contact your Bolt customer success manager to enable SSO for migrated shoppers and enable migrated users to login.
- Use either Magento 2 / Adobe Commerce or BigCommerce as your platform
- Have Administrator dashboard privileges
Enable Account Migration for Magento 2 / Adobe Commerce
- Bolt version 2.25.1
Send API Keys to Bolt
- Navigate to the Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Bolt Pay > Advanced Options.
- Select Create and send API keys to Bolt.
Enable Account Migrations for BigCommerce
No additional steps are needed to enable Account Migration. You can enable single sign-on for migrated BigCommerce customer accounts.
How to Migrate Customer Accounts
- Log in to the Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developers and select the Accounts tab.
- Select the correct merchant division.
- Under the Account Migrations settings, select Start to initiate an account migration.
When you initiate an Account Migration, you will see the following menu items:
- Date - The date of the migration
- Status - The state of the migration
- Action - If the migration fails, you will see a Retry button
Statuses and Errors
The following section is a key for statuses and errors you may encounter when migrating accounts.
- Pending - The account migration is queued and will begin shortly.
- In Progress - The account migration is in progress.
- Complete - The account migration is complete and all accounts are successfully migrated to Bolt.
- Failed - There was an error during the Account Migration process. If the failure persists, contact Bolt support.
Please wait for the account migration to complete before starting a new account migration- You can only perform one migration at a time. The migration that is in progress must be completed before you can initiate another.
This action is forbidden- The user does not have Dashboard Administrator permissions.
Oops, something went wrong- A generic error message. Contact Bolt support for details.