Risk Assessment Scoring
Risk Assessment Scoring provides insight into fraud signals at the transaction level. Pair Risk Assessment Scoring with Fraud Protection, or use it alone if you don’t need chargeback indemnification.
- Access risk scoring insights all in one place on the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Use this data for more accurate and efficient manual reviews
- Retain full ownership of customer relationships
Without Fraud Protection
For merchants who don’t use Bolt’s Fraud Protection, risk scoring can:
- Educate you about what makes a transaction risky
- Provide insights on why shoppers initiate chargebacks
- Help you become more fraud-aware and reduce losses to fraud
- Introduce you to the benefits of Fraud Protection, in which our team handles all aspects of risk evaluation, chargebacks, and disputes on your behalf
With Fraud Protection
For merchants who use Bolt’s Fraud Protection, risk scoring can:
- Provide more insight into how our team decides whether a transaction is risky
- Help you understand how we determine whether or not to indemnify a transaction
- Provide more transparency on fraud signals on a per-transaction basis
How it Works
Each merchant-liable card transaction includes a risk assessment score and a breakdown of the influencing factors. These scores and factors come from the same models that power Bolt’s Fraud Protection product.
Our models use hundreds of indicators about each transaction and data across our network to assess risk. To indicate why a transaction received a certain score, we identify the factors with the highest impact on the score.
Bolt only provides risk scoring for card transactions. Alternative payment method transactions are not assessed for risk.
Enable Risk Assessment Scoring
Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to enable this feature.
View Risk Scores
Risk Scores are available in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.