Bolt Payments is the all-in-one payment solution to support all major card brands and get simplified reporting, reconciliation, settlement, and fee structures, without the need for ongoing technical and maintenance costs.
What is Bolt Payments?
A payment solution model describes the entities involved in moving funds from the shopper to the merchant. Generally speaking, there are two different payment solution models that Bolt offers to merchants:
- Bolt Payments: Our all-in-one payment solution to support all major card brands and alternative payment methods (APMs). Get consolidated reporting, reconciliation, settlement, and fee structures, without the need for you to maintain your own relationship with a payment service provider (PSP) or acquiring bank—we’ll handle it for you!
- Payment gateway: An independent relationship between a merchant and a third-party payment service provider (PSP). In this model, Bolt transmits transaction data to the PSP for processing and is not directly involved in the flow of funds. Bolt’s gateway integration with top PSPs allows you to keep current payment-related reporting and reconciliation with your PSP.
For more information about Bolt’s supported gateways and processors, see Processor Setup.
Payment Models Built for Your Business
Bolt’s native payment stack supports all major card brands and offers simplified reconciliation, settlement, and fee structures. Support over 30 currencies out-of-the-box without the need for ongoing technical and maintenance costs.
Alternative Payment Method Offerings Grow Order Values
With Bolt, enable shoppers to choose the payment method that works best for them. Supported alternative payment methods (APMs) include:
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay
Reliably Secure Ways to Pay
- PCI Compliant: As a payments provider, Bolt complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) in order to process payments securely. We maintain compliance through annual PCI internal and external auditing, scanning, and dry runs of security breaches. Bolt is Level 1 PCI compliant and hosts the entire checkout environment on your behalf–reducing your compliance scope.
- Payment Tokenization: When your shoppers pay with Bolt, their financial information is tokenized. This means that sensitive data like credit card information or APM credentials is replaced with randomly generated tokens. Doing so ensures that customer data is private and protected.
- Bolt One-Click Wallet: When shoppers pay with an APM, they can save this payment method to their Bolt account and manage it from the Shopper Dashboard. Next time they shop on the Bolt network, logging into their account also authenticates the shopper to use any stored payment method, saving them several clicks.
Centralize Your Payments
- Operational Efficiencies: Bolt Payments centralizes your payment stack. We take care of ongoing technical needs and maintenance in-house so you don’t need to burn through developer resources.
- API Calls: Use Bolt as the epicenter of your integration management. Make API calls directly to Bolt instead of calling each individual integration separately.
- Streamlined Data: Gain a holistic view into your site’s performance with consolidated reporting capabilities and supporting data visualizations of key metrics like average order value or total revenue by payment type. Easily filter across all transactions, understand APM performance, and gain insights into order data, Bolt Accounts, and risk analytics.
- Multi-processor Payments Support: We’ve decoupled payments processing accounts from the Bolt merchant account and updated our payments infrastructure to be able to associate multiple processing accounts per merchant. This means more control and flexibility for merchants. With an improved switching experience, merchants are free to change payments processors as they choose.
Gold-Standard Risk and Chargeback Services
Bolt Payments provides merchants with peace of mind when it comes to handling fraudulent orders and transactions. If a shopper charges back a transaction for any reason, we’ll also represent you throughout the dispute process.
- Manual Risk Review Team: Offload the heavy lifting of manual risk reviews to us. Our in-house team of experienced risk analysts add a layer of qualitative research so more orders that may have initially looked suspicious can be approved.
- 100% Fraud Chargeback Guarantee: We’ll cover 100% of the costs associated with any fraudulent transactions that we approved.
- Representment Partnerships: We partner with you to win more disputes on your behalf. We’ll help you frame representments optimized for reason code and card network with win rates exceeding 50%.
Simplified Fees and Billing
With Bolt Payments, say goodbye to monthly invoices. All Bolt fees are automatically deducted at time of sale.
You can rely on attentive customer service and support from a dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM) whenever you need help.