Pay by Link
When shoppers reach out for help creating an order—whether by phone, email, or other support channels—you can now make that process more safe, secure and streamlined with Bolt’s Pay by Link. You build the order, then send a link to your shopper. Shoppers are directed to the Bolt checkout and prompted to enter their payment information and complete the order.
- Keep your team out of PCI scope: When shoppers enter their own payment data securely into the checkout, your team doesn’t have to deal with PCI regulations.
- Get back office indemnification protection: Bolt indemnifies all checkout link orders.
- Offer product upsells: Easily create custom-cart links for your shoppers that can be shared across your channels, like order confirmation emails.
Merchants can refer to the phone order placement guides for instructions on how to send shopper’s a checkout link from their specific platform.
If you are a BigCommerce user and want to implement similar functionality, follow the BigCommerce documentation for Creating a Draft Order.
How to Enable Pay by Link
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to initiate setup of Bolt’s Pay by Link.
- Copy your public key from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Integrate with the Bolt API using the following platform specific steps:
v1/merchant/orders from your back-office system using the publishable key given to you by your Customer Success Manager.
Set up the publishable key given to you by your Customer Success Manager in your Bolt Merchant Dashboard. The publishable key is a long string of lower and upper case letters and numbers that consists of three sections.
- Log in to NetSuite.
- Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types.
- Scroll to the Bolt Configuration record type and select List.
- Select Edit > Indemnified Keys.
- Input your publishable key.
WooCommerce has a native feature similar to Pay by Link, which you can access in your WooCommerce admin dashboard.
To access this feature, called the Customer Payment Page, go to the order, scroll to its features, then click the link called
Customer payment page ->, which will take you to a checkout flow page for that order.
To enable Bolt in this feature, add your Bolt Publishable Key to the Payable Only setting in your Bolt Plugin.
Links are generated in the following format: