New Dashboard Notice
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this corresponding page for help documentation that reflects the Legacy Dashboard.
Please note that Legacy Dashboard documentation may no longer have up to date information on our newest features and releases.
Use this guide to install the Bolt integration for Volusion.
- Volusion v1 (v2 not supported)
- The Generic API must be enabled
- This must be a full Volusion account (not a trial account)
- Your Volusion plan must support sFTP and the Volusion API
- If you are migrating from a different cart platform, see the Re-platforming section.
How to Install
Step 1: Upload Plugin
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to download the plugin.
- Open the vspfiles/bolt/config.asp file in a text editor.
- Enter your configuration parameters
- Enter the API keys provided by Bolt
- Enter the Volusion API credentials
- Open an sFTP client.
- Use your Volusion Admin credentials
- Connect to port 2222
- In sFTP, navigate to your store’s vspfiles folder.
- From the text editor, copy the vspfiles folder to the root folder in the directory structure of your store. This overwrites the existing content.
Step 2: Update Meta Tags
- Log in to Volusion Admin.
- Navigate to MARKETING > SEO > Search Engine Optimization.
- Add the following to the Globally Appended Meta Tags field:
- In a separate browser tab, log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developer > API > Keys.
- Copy your API Key.
- Return to your Volusion Admin tab and fill the publishable key field with your Bolt API Key. The publishable key is a long string of lower and upper case letters and numbers that consists of three sections.
Update bolt-connect and bolt-track urls to the following accordingly if you are doing integration to sandbox environment:
- Open the URL:
You should get a success message confirming Bolt’s installation.
Step 3: Configure Webhooks
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Administration > API.
- Navigate to Merchant Callbacks.
- Set Webhook URL to the following:
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to the following:
Your Bolt Volusion Plugin is now installed and configured!
Review Order Statuses & Platform Operations
You can review Volusion order statuses and platform operations in our Platform Operations guide.
When re-platforming, you must keep in mind all of the following: