Set Up Bolt for Volusion
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience, which is currently in Beta. See this page for help documentation that reflects the new dashboard.
Use this guide to install the Bolt integration for Volusion.
- Volusion v1 (v2 not supported)
- The Generic API must be enabled
- This must be a full Volusion account (not a trial account)
- Your Volusion plan must support sFTP and the Volusion API
- If you are migrating from a different cart platform, see the Re-platforming section.
How to Install
1. Upload Plugin
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to download the plugin.
- Open the vspfiles/bolt/config.asp file in a text editor.
- Enter your configuration parameters
- Enter the API keys provided by Bolt
- Enter the Volusion API credentials
- Open an sFTP client.
- Use your Volusion Admin credentials
- Connect to port 2222
- In sFTP, navigate to your store’s vspfiles folder.
- From the text editor, copy the vspfiles folder to the root folder in the directory structure of your store. This overwrites the existing content.
2. Update Meta Tags
- Log in to Volusion Admin.
- Navigate to MARKETING > SEO > Search Engine Optimization.
- Add the following to the Globally Appended Meta Tags field:
- In a separate browser tab, log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developer > API > Keys.
- Copy your API Key.
- Return to your Volusion Admin tab and fill the publishable key field with your Bolt API Key. The publishable key is a long string of lower and upper case letters and numbers that consists of three sections.
Update bolt-connect and bolt-track urls to the following accordingly if you are doing integration to sandbox environment:
- Open the URL:
You should get a success message confirming Bolt’s installation.
3. Configure Webhooks
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developer > Webhooks.
- Scroll to Webhook Endpoints.
- Set Webhook URL to the following:
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to the following:
Your Bolt Volusion Plugin is now installed and configured!
Review Order Statuses & Platform Operations
You can review Volusion order statuses and platform operations in our Platform Operations guide.
When re-platforming, you must keep in mind all of the following:
- Use the Merchant Dashboard for order refunds. Do not use a platform-specific backoffice flow that’s connected to a deprecated account division.
- Disable all of your old webhooks for the deprecated account division.