Back Office Orders
Our video provider is currently experiencing an issue where certain video types are blocked from embedding. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.
You can create orders in your back office or through the Bolt Virtual Terminal.
A back office order is an order created in an ecommerce platform on behalf of a shopper. These types of orders allow you to process phone or in-person orders. The process for completing back office orders differs based on platform. In most cases, you will take down shopper information and order details, then complete payment on behalf of the shopper in the ecommerce platform, or send them a link where they can complete payment on their own. There are no Bolt fees associated with these orders.
Virtual terminal orders are orders placed through the Bolt Dashboard. There are several limitations to Virtual Terminal orders:
- Bolt cannot indemnify orders created by merchants in their ecommerce platforms on behalf of shoppers.
- These orders do not sync with your ecommerce platform. Because of this, it is recommended you refund virtual terminal orders through your platform.
To use the Virtual Terminal, do the following:
- Navigate to the Merchant Dashboard and select New Payment.
You will be able to:
- Tell the difference between a back-office order and Virtual Terminal order,
- Understand the limitations of virtual terminal orders,
- Complete virtual terminal and backoffice orders on behalf of shoppers.