How to Link Abandoned Transactions
If you are creating orders through the frontend rather than through the pre-auth endpoint, the order creation can be interrupted by a disrupted internet connection during checkout or by a customer’s browser crashing.
To handle orphaned transactions, make sure that the pending transaction hook is capable of converting an existing cart order_reference into an order.
How to Verify Transactions are Linked
- Go through a complete checkout and ensure you receive a pending hook for the corresponding transaction.
- After the transaction passes the review, ensure you receive a payment or auth hook. The type will depend on whether you have configured for auth+capture or manual capture.
- If you are using manual capture, capture the transaction in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard and ensure you receive a capture hook.
- Refund the transaction from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard and ensure you receive a credit hook.
- (For pre-auth flow only) Attempt a transaction with an invalid credit card, ensure you get a failed_payment hook for this attempted transaction.
Find what you need?
Rate this article on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best.