Bolt provides developers the ability to leverage webhooks events to handle checkout events according to the business rules of your ecommerce store. Once configured, the Webhook endpoint will be used by Bolt to update your external server asynchronously on the occurrence of an event that you have subscribed to.
Find more information about the available webhook types and what to expect at Bolt Webhooks.
Webhook Use Cases
Important use cases include:
- Notifying your e-commerce store when a transaction has been approved or rejected by Bolt.
- Sending your e-commerce store with the
transaction_id, which is necessary for back-office operations.
- Sending your e-commerce store more information about a transaction such as credit card details.
Set Up Webhooks
Bolt offers two methods for configuring webhook subscriptions.
Webhook Configuration API
Refer to the Webhooks endpoints (
/v1/webhooks) to configure webhook subscriptions via the Bolt API.
- Log in to your Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Developers.
- Scroll to Merchant Callback API.
- Add your webhook endpoints.
- Verify the authenticity of requests to confirm that it originated from Bolt.
If the response to a webhook request is not HTTP 200 OK or response body is not valid JSON, Bolt will continue to retry with exponential back-off (at a gradually reduced rate).