New Dashboard Notice
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this corresponding page for help documentation that reflects the Legacy Dashboard.
Please note that Legacy Dashboard documentation may no longer have up to date information on our newest features and releases.
How to Integrate with Checkout.com
Step 1: Obtain Checkout.com Keys
- Log into The Hub and locate the following keys:
- Secret API key
- Processing Channel ID (PCID) - required if your account uses multiple processing channels
- Copy the keys for use in a later step.
Step 2: Add Keys and Edit Payment Settings
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Production Dashboard or Sandbox Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Set Up Checkout.com.
- Add the following Checkout.com keys:
PCID- required if your account uses multiple processing channels
- Click Next.
- Edit the default payment settings to customize how processing works.
- Click Complete Setup.
Step 3: Set up Webhooks
Webhooks keep your systems in sync, allowing Bolt and Checkout.com to easily exchange data about disputes or disbursements. Failure to set up webhooks will result in discrepancies between your systems.
- Log into The Hub.
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > New webhook.
- Find the following information from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard:
- • URL: Navigate to Settings > Payments > Manage Checkout.com and copy the Bolt webhook URL.
- • Public ID: Navigate to Developers > Public ID. Replace
<public-id>in the URL.
- Select the event types you would like to subscribe to.
- Click Create Webhook.
Step 4: Configure Checkout.com Risk Settings
With Fraud Protection
Bolt’s fraud detection engine uses advanced risk signals to protect your business from fraud. Bolt Checkout does not require shoppers to enter a billing address, so the Address Verification System (AVS) mismatch settings may trigger automatic declines on transactions from real shoppers with an otherwise low risk score.
Use the Checkout.com guide on AVS settings to allow all transactions where the shipping and billing address do not match.
Without Fraud Protection
Contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors.
Step 5: Set Up Chargeback Notifications
Set up your communication preferences in Checkout.com to receive digital notifications for new chargebacks. This ensures that you have enough time to submit the dispute and respond with evidence.
- With Fraud Protection: Checkout.com supports manual dispute submissions.
- Without Fraud Protection: Follow Checkout.com’s chargebacks handling process.
Review Checkout.com’s test-card page for testing.
The Checkout.com integration currently does not support the following features:
- Level 2/3 data