Set Up Bolt for Checkout.com
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience, which is currently in Beta. See this page for help documentation that reflects the new dashboard.
How to Integrate with Checkout.com
1. Obtain Checkout.com Keys
- Log into The Hub and locate the following keys:
- Secret API key
- Processing Channel ID (PCID) - required if your account uses multiple processing channels
- Copy the keys for use in a later step.
2. Add Checkout.com Key to Bolt
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Production Dashboard or Sandbox Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Add Checkout.com.
- Add the following Checkout.com keys:
PCID- required if your account uses multiple processing channels
- Click Connect Checkout.com.
3. Set up Webhooks
Webhooks keep your systems in sync, allowing Bolt and Checkout.com to easily exchange data about disputes or disbursements. Failure to set up webhooks will result in discrepancies between your systems.
- Log into The Hub.
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > New webhook.
- Find the following information from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard:
- • URL: Navigate to Settings > Payments > Manage Checkout.com and copy the Bolt webhook URL.
- • Public ID: Navigate to Developers > Public ID. Replace
<public-id>in the URL.
- Select the event types you would like to subscribe to.
- Click Create Webhook.
4. Configure Checkout.com Risk Settings
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors. Configure risk settings so the lack of this data does not trigger auto-declines:
Contact your Customer Success manager to change your CVV configuration to CVV optional.
If you don’t use Bolt’s Fraud Protection, contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.
Set up your communication preferences so that you receive digital notifications for new chargebacks. This ensures that you have enough time to submit the dispute and respond with evidence.
Review Checkout.com’s test-card page for testing.
- With Fraud Protection: Checkout.com supports manual dispute submissions.
- Without Fraud Protection: Follow Checkout.com’s chargebacks handling process.
The Checkout.com integration currently does not support the following features:
- Level 2/3 data