Set Up Bolt for Braintree
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience, which is currently in Beta. See this page for help documentation that reflects the new dashboard.
See Set Up Bolt One-Click for BigCommerce for instructions specific to this platform.
How to Integrate with Braintree
1. Add Bolt IPs to Allowlist List
Use Braintree’s Allowlist documentation to allow the following IPs:
2. Link Braintree to Bolt
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Add Braintree.
- Click Link Braintree.
- Enter your credentials in the OAuth modal.
- Edit the default payment settings to customize how processing works.
- Click Complete Setup.
3. Configure Braintree Webhook
Webhooks keep your systems in sync, allowing Bolt and Braintree to easily exchange data about disputes or disbursements. Failure to set up webhooks will result in discrepancies between your systems.
- Log in to the Braintree Production Console or Braintree Sandbox Console.
- Navigate to Settings > API > Webhooks > Create new webhook.
- Configure the webhook. Find the following information from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard:
- • Destination URL: Navigate to Settings > Payments > Manage Braintree and copy the Bolt webhook URL.
- • Public ID: Navigate to Developers > Public ID. Replace
<public-id>in the URL.
- Subscribe to the following event notifications:
- • Disputes: Enable Lost, Opened, and Won.
- • Disbursement: Enable Disbursement.
- Locate the newly created webhook URL and select it to test. A success message should appear.
4. Define Risk Settings
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors.
Disable the following fraud protection filters so that the lack of this data does not trigger auto-declines:
- Postal Code Options:
- Postal Code does not match (when provided)
- Postal Code not verified
- Postal Code not provided
- Street Address Options:
- Street Address does not match (when provided)
- Street Address not verified
- Street Address not provided
- CVV Error Options:
- Issuing bank does not support CVV
- CVV system error
If you don’t use Bolt’s Fraud Protection, contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.