Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this page for help documentation that reflects the Legacy Dashboard.
See Set Up Bolt One-Click for BigCommerce for instructions specific to this platform.
How to Integrate with Braintree
Step 1: Add Bolt and Merchant IPs to Allowlist
Use Braintree’s allowlist documentation to allow the following Bolt IPs:
Then, add your office IP addresses to the allowlist to ensure successful payment processing.
Step 2: Link Braintree to Bolt
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Add Braintree.
- Click Link Braintree.
- Enter your credentials in the OAuth modal.
- Edit the default payment settings to customize how processing works.
- Click Complete Setup.
Step 3: Configure Braintree Webhook
Webhooks keep your systems in sync, allowing Bolt and Braintree to easily exchange data about disputes or disbursements. Failure to set up webhooks will result in discrepancies between your systems.
- Log in to the Braintree Production Console or Braintree Sandbox Console.
- Navigate to Settings > API > Webhooks > Create new webhook.
- Configure the webhook. Find the following information from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard:
- • Destination URL: Navigate to Settings > Payments > Manage Braintree and copy the Bolt webhook URL.
- • Public ID: Navigate to Developers > Public ID. Replace
<public-id>in the URL.
- Subscribe to the following event notifications:
- • Disputes: Enable Lost, Opened, and Won.
- • Disbursement: Enable Disbursement.
- Locate the newly created webhook URL and select it to test. A success message should appear.
Step 4: Define Risk Settings
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors. To configure risk settings so the lack of this data does not trigger auto-declines:
- Go to the Braintree Control Panel.
- Use the Braintree guide on AVS & CVV settings to:
- • Allow transactions that do not include CVV data
- • Allow transactions where the shipping and billing address do not match
If you don’t use Bolt’s Fraud Protection, contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.
Step 5: Set Up Chargeback Notifications
Set up your communication preferences in Braintree to receive digital notifications for new chargebacks. This ensures that you have enough time to submit the dispute and respond with evidence.