Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this page for help documentation that reflects the Legacy Dashboard.
See Set Up Bolt One-Click for BigCommerce for instructions specific to this platform.
Step 1: Obtain Authorize.net Keys
Follow the official Authorize.net instructions here to obtain your API Login ID and Transaction Key. These will be added to your Bolt merchant account.
Step 2: Add Keys and Edit Payment Settings
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Set Up Authorize.net.
- Input the following credentials:
API Login ID
- Click Next.
- Edit the default payment settings to customize how processing works.
- Click Complete Setup.
Step 3: Configure Authorize.net Risk Settings
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors. To configure risk settings so the lack of this data does not trigger auto-declines:
- Go to the Authorize.net Account.
- Use the Authorize.net guide on CVV Settings to allow transactions that do not include CVV data.
- If you use the Advanced Fraud Detection Suite (AFDS), use the Authorize.net guide on Enhanced CVV Filtering to set any code that indicates there was not CVV data present to Allow.
With Fraud Protection
Bolt’s fraud detection engine uses advanced risk signals to protect your business from fraud. Bolt Checkout does not require shoppers to enter a billing address, so the Address Verification System (AVS) mismatch settings may trigger automatic declines on transactions from real shoppers with an otherwise low risk score.
Use the Authorize.net guide on AVS settings to allow all transactions where the shipping and billing address do not match.
Without Fraud Protection
Contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.
Step 4: Set Up Chargeback Notifications
Set up your communication preferences in Authorize.net to receive digital notifications for new chargebacks. This ensures that you have enough time to submit the dispute and respond with evidence.