Checkout Everywhere Setup
Turn your platform into a marketplace with Bolt’s Checkout Everywhere, a Checkout as a Service solution. Our Universal API connects publishers with merchants in the Bolt Network and creates a platform-native checkout experience – empowering you to sell any product across any digital surface.
Bolt’s Checkout Everywhere platform integrates with all e-commerce platforms, payment processors, alternative payment methods, and more.
Benefits of Checkout Everywhere
- Convert your readers into shoppers with a platform native one-click checkout solution
- Get instant access to over 10,000 brands across Bolt’s growing number of in-network merchants
- Create hyper-customized experiences powered by end-to-end insights
The following prerequisites only apply to Checkout Everywhere with a supported platform or custom cart. They do not apply to Checkout Everywhere using Checkout Links.
Connecting with Merchants
Merchants you wish to connect with must match all of the following criteria:
- The merchant must have their own storefront on supported platforms (e.g. on Shopify, BigCommerce, M2, SFCC) or be using a custom cart solution.
- The merchant must use a supported processor (Stripe, Adyen, Braintree, Cybersource, Auth.net, and NMI)
- The merchant must be operating in a supported region (US Only)
- The merchant’s products must be sold as one-time purchases; subscriptions are not currently supported.
All interactions with Bolt through the Publisher API require the following Header Parameters to authenticate:
|X-Nonce||Unique string generated by the publisher for each request.||Yes|
|X-Publisher-Key||Unique identifier for the publisher.||Yes|
|X-Authorization-Signature||Generated signature after using the signing secret and nonce by Publisher. See OAuth Signing Requests for more details.||Yes|
curl -X GET \ 'https://api.bolt.com/v1/products?merchant_product_id=881&merchant_division_id=4ab56ad7865ada4ad32' \ -H 'X-Nonce: <12-digit-unique-integer>' \ -H 'X-Publisher-Key: <unique-publisher-id' \ -H 'X-Authorization-Signature: <generated-after-using-secret-and-nonce>'
Read our Environment Details reference article for a comprehensive list of API keys, secrets, headers, and URLs you may need when integrating with Bolt.
Implementing Checkout Everywhere on an ecommerce site
At a high level, each implementation of Checkout Everywhere requires completing all of the following:
- Set up your product listings and product details page by sending a
- Create a unique Bolt order token to initiate the checkout process by sending a
- Trigger displaying Bolt Checkout using either the Webview URL or Checkout Modal.
- Webview URL: Great for in-app implementations.
- Checkout Modal: Great for web implementations.
- Set up post-purchase workflows using Bolt’s Transaction and Order Webhooks.
Implementing Checkout Everywhere with Checkout Links
Contact your Bolt Customer Success Manager to enable Checkout Links.
Each guide in this collection follows this schema:
- Use Cases: The business problem you want to solve.
- Approach: Our recommended way to meet your use case’s needs.
- Resources: Any related materials, such as API references, to help you build out your solution.