The FAQs below will give you more information on using Bolt One-Click Checkout with BigCommerce.
What is Bolt One-Click Checkout?
Bolt One-Click Checkout is a Bolt product that serves multiple customers:
Retailers: Bolt Checkout enables a hassle-free, secure one click checkout experience and gives the Bolt One-Click Checkout to 11 million shoppers 一 even if they’ve never been at your site before. Get 50% higher checkout conversion rates, more repeat purchases, and higher AOV with Bolt One-Click.
Shoppers: Shoppers will avoid the headache of remembering passwords and filling out lengthy forms 一 every shopper in the Bolt network gets an expedited shopping experience.
How does One-Click Checkout differ from the standard BigCommerce checkout process?
Bolt provides a cross-retailer accounts network for consumers shopping online. This allows shoppers to sign up only once across merchants in the Bolt network. Once a shopper visits a Bolt merchant, they experience a one click checkout - thanks to saved address and payment information.
As a result, shoppers can experience a One-Click Checkout experience on all sites in the BigCommerce + Bolt Network. Because the experience is added onto your checkout, the checkout looks and feels native without navigating users off of your store.
What value does One-Click Checkout provide?
- Fewer Cart Abandonments.
- Higher Conversion Rates.
- Higher Average Order Value.
- Access to Bolt’s network of 11 million shoppers.
- Access to Merchant Analytics in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
Onboarding & Access
How do I sign up for Bolt One-Click Checkout?
You can sign up for Bolt via BigCommerce’s App Store. You can also sign up via our Quick Connect wizard.
How long does the integration take to implement?
From the time you get access to your Bolt Account (instantaneous on sign up), you can log into Bolt, retrieve your keys, and then set up your integration with Bolt in about 2-5 minutes (depends on your payment processor).
Read More: Set Up Bolt One-Click Checkout
How do I access my Bolt Account?
If you are not immediately logged in during the sign up and set up process, you should receive an invitation email from email@example.com inviting you to log into your account.
After that, you can access your Bolt Account via our Merchant Dashboard at merchant.bolt.com.
What happens if a shopper has a Bolt Account and a BigCommerce Account?
In the event that your shopper has a BigCommerce Store Account (or, while you are running tests and also have a BigCommerce Store Account), BigCommerce Store Accounts will have login precedence over Bolt Shopper Accounts. This usually happens when accounts are tied to the same email.
This means that a user with a BigCommerce Store Account, as well as a Bolt Shopper Account, will be logged into their BigCommerce Account first.
How to I make Back Office Orders?
We recommend using BigCommerce for Back Office Orders.
What analytics and metrics do you offer?
In the Analytics tab of your Bolt Merchant Dashboard, you can see a variety of metrics and analytics related to shopper activity in your storefront.
Read More: Bolt One-Click for BigCommerce Analytics
How do I change my capture settings?
If you wish to change your capture settings (auto-capture vs. manual) after your initial set up, create a support ticket and request the change.
Read More: Configure Capture Settings
Can I add my merchant logo to the checkout modal?
- Go to your Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Checkout.
- Select your image (PNG preferred) and either drag it into the upload box or upload it as a file.
- Select Publish to finalize, or Cancel to opt out of the change.
Read More: Enable Checkout Logo
Can I change the text that says 'Credit/Debit Card'?
Yes you can. You can change this in your BigCommerce control panel.
Can I change the Bolt Shopper Account Creation opt-out to opt-in?
This cannot be changed.
How do I add a fee to checkout to comply with local laws?
Add Delivery Fee at Checkout
Beginning July 1st, 2022, the state of Colorado introduced a mandatory shipping fee for all orders of goods shipping to a Colorado address. Follow the steps below if you would like to add the $0.27 fee to shipping.
- Log in to the Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Shipping and then click Add shipping zone > Add custom zone, naming it Colorado. Note that you will need to duplicate all shipping methods for this specific zone.
- Select Selection of states or provinces as the Type.
- Enter United States as the Country and Colorado as the state.
- Click Configure next to the new zone and select Flat Rate. Set up the type of rate you want to offer, adding rates that account for the $0.27 fee. See Flat Rate for details.
- Click Save. The rates you have configured will now only apply to Colorado customers.