Set Up Bolt for Magento 1
Bolt has launched a new Merchant Dashboard experience. See this page for help documentation that reflects the previous dashboard.
- Your production Magento server needs to be on HTTPS with a valid certificate
- Self-signed certificates are not allowed
- You should have a Sandbox Bolt Merchant Dashboard where you can access API keys for testing.
- If you have security settings or DDoS protection against bots, please add the domain of our User-Agent to the Auto-Approve List:
Bolt - https://www.bolt.com
- If you are migrating from a different cart platform, see the Re-platforming section.
How to Install
1. Upload Plugin
- Download the Bolt Magento plugin.
- Navigate to the top-level of your Magento Store installation.
- Copy and paste the contents of the Bolt Magento plugin files.
- If you are upgrading, you can simply paste the content of the zip file in the top-level directory, overwriting the older version.
2. Clear Magento Cache
Magento cache must be cleared for the server to pick up the new plugin.
- Navigate to Admin console > System > Cache Management.
- Select Flush Cache.
3. Configure Plugin
Configure the Magento Admin with your API keys found in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- Locate the Bolt Pay tab.
- Insert your Bolt API Keys and Signing Secret.
- If Bolt is your only payment option, select Yes for the Skip Payment Method Step.
The following values can be found in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard by navigating to Administration > API > API Keys. Scroll to Identifiers and set up at least one Publishable Key. The publishable key is a long string of lower and upper case letters and numbers that consists of three sections.
|API Key||Calls Bolt API from your back-end server||Yes|
|Signing Secret||Verifies signature by checking the authenticity of webhook requests||Yes|
|Publishable Key - Multi-Step||Opens the Bolt Payment Popup typically on Shopping cart and product pages||No|
|Publishable Key - Payment Only||Opens the Bolt Payment Popup typically on checkout pages||No|
|Publishable Key - Back-office||Used in the back office of Magento for manually-created orders.||No|
Each Publishable Key type requires a separate division is set up for your account.
4. Add Webhook Endpoints in Merchant Dashboard
- Login to the Bolt Production Merchant Dashboard and Sandbox Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Administration > API.
- Scroll to Merchant Callbacks.
- Set the Webhook URL to:
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to:
- Set the Create Order URL to:
- Set the Webhook URL to:
5. Enable Bolt
This step activates Bolt and display Bolt Checkout in your store to begin accepting payments.
- Navigate to Admin console > System > Payment Methods > Bolt Pay.
- Select the Enable Bolt Pay option.
Your Bolt Payment Plugin is now installed and configured.
Review Order Statuses & Platform Operations
You can review Magento 1 order statuses and platform operations in our Platform Operations guide.
Update Bolt Plugin
To update the Bolt Plugin you must simply overwrite the old files with the new.
- Download & unzip the new version of the Bolt Plugin.
- Open a terminal and navigate to your Magento 1 root folder.
cp -rf your-bolt-plugin-version/* your-magento-root/
- Clean or flush the cache.
- Log out and then back into Admin.
- Ensure the plugin has been updated.
|Bolt Plugin Version||Release Date||Supported Until||Open Source (CE)||Commerce (EE)|
|2.9.0||09/02/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.8.0||06/08/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.7.0||05/12/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.6.0||04/24/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.5.0||04/10/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.4.1||03/20/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.4.0||03/20/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.3.0||02/25/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.2.0||02/03/2020||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.1.0||09/21/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.0.3||10/28/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.0.2||10/08/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.0.1||06/27/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|2.0.0||06/12/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
|1.4.1||06/27/2019||02/28/2021||1.9 & Above||1.12 & Above|
Disable Bolt Plugin
If at any point the plugin setup does not work within your environment and you wish to completely disable it in order to troubleshoot, do the following:
- Navigate to Admin > System > Configure > Advanced > Disable Modules Output > Bolt_Boltpay.
- Select Disable.
Uninstall Bolt Plugin
To uninstall, you must first delete all Bolt files and then flush the Magento cache.
- Find and delete all of the following from your Magento root:
- Navigate to System > Cache Management.
- Select Flush Cache Storage.
- Delete everything from the
- Reload your website in your browser.
When re-platforming, you must keep in mind all of the following:
- Use the Merchant Dashboard for order refunds. Do not use a platform-specific backoffice flow that’s connected to a deprecated account division.
- Disable all of your old webhooks for the deprecated account division.