Enable Location-Based Shipping Restrictions
Location-based Shipping Restrictions enable merchants to limit where shoppers can ship orders.
How To Enable Location-Based Shipping Restrictions
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Settings > Checkout.
- Scroll down to Shipping Settings.
- Edit the following options:
- Shipment options in the United States
- Shipment options outside of the United States
United States Restrictions
Even when shipping only within the United States, you may need to block shipments to some locations. These limitations are often due to the merchandise being shipped. For example, some items, like large lithium batteries, cannot go by air, and some items, like alcohol, are restricted by some states.
- Allow all states, territories, and military post offices.
- All states and territories (don’t allow military post offices).
- All states (don’t allow territories or military post offices).
- All continental states (don’t allow territories, military post offices, Alaska, or Hawaii)
- Allow certain states, territories, or military post offices. If you choose this option, you also must select the locations that apply.
- No states, territories, or military post offices.
You may need to block shipments to some or all international locations. The two primary reasons to block international shipping are cost and legal limitations. It can be cost-prohibitive to ship to certain locations or to ship certain types of merchandise appropriately. For example, some nations apply prohibitive import taxes, and some perishable items need expedited air shipment. Legal limitations are determined by the merchandise being shipped. For example, some technological items are restricted for export, and some items, like alcohol, are illegal in some countries.
- Allow all countries.
- Allow certain countries. If you choose this option, you also must select the locations that apply.
- Allow only shipping to the United States.