Enable Discount Codes
Discount Codes enable merchants to run special deals their shoppers can take advantage of during certain seasons, events, or sign-up promotions. Discounts also work for accepting gift cards and store credit.
The Bolt discounts feature does not expand upon platform native discount functionality, meaning that if your platform supports only one native discount — that does not change by enabling discounts in Bolt Checkout. Bolt’s discount feature supports third party discounts applied by a shopper during checkout inside the Bolt Checkout modal. A shopper can typically apply one native platform discount and many (supported) third-party discounts. If you are unsure about the setup of your discounts, reach out to our support team for assistance.
How to Enable Discount Codes
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager and request to enable this feature.
- Provide Bolt with a dedicated URL for handling Bolt’s POST requests.
- Ensure the given endpoint can respond with your list of discount codes, using the format provided in our Merchant Callback API reference.
- Enable the button to display in Bolt Checkout through the Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Checkout.
- Select Edit next to Checkout Settings. A modal appears.
- Check the Enable discount code field checkbox.
Shoppers see a +DISCOUNT button by default in the checkout modal. This button can be customized to use alternative text, such as +PROMO or +USE GIFT CARD. To update button text, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.