Recharge a Shopper
Bolt allows merchants to recharge existing customer using the payment information on file. Merchants may recharge a card for many reasons, for example, additional charges or recharging a voided transaction. Because recharges require an existing transaction, recharges cannot be processed on a different card.
How to Recharge a customer
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Select Transactions.
- Select an order to open the Transaction Details modal.
- Select Recharge Customer.
- Complete all corresponding fields and select Charge.
Merchants can recharge a shopper for an order that has been rejected as long as the initial auth was accepted.
There are several important points you should consider when issuing a recharge.
- Transactions do not sync with your e-commerce platform.
- Recharge transactions are not indemnified for fraud by Bolt.
- No Bolt fees are charged on recharge transactions.
- Orders are auto-approved after successful authorization as they don’t undergo any risk review.
- Recharge transactions are automatically and immediately captured after payment is authorized.
Find what you need?
Rate this article on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best.