Manage Internal Devices
Merchants can configure their internal devices to disable account-based checkout. This encourages customer service agents to either use guest checkout to assist shoppers or use the recommended backoffice order fulfillment workflows instead of placing orders through the storefront on behalf of a shopper. Using the recommended fulfillment workflows ensures a higher rate of order indemnification.
Merchants should actively train and discourage their customer service agents from creating Bolt accounts on behalf of shoppers. This feature helps to ensure a shopper is never opted into an account that was not explicitly requested.
How to Enable Device Management
This setting is enabled by default; once a customer service agent logs into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard on their device (e.g., a work laptop), cookies are installed to disable account-based checkout.
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Help Center > Device Management.
- Toggle Enable Guest-Only Checkout for this device to
How to Re-enable Devices
Customer service agents must log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard to re-enable device management whenever cookies are cleared from their device. Once logged-in, the cookies needed are re-installed automatically.
- Not compatible with the Safari web browser
- Requires activation across all individual devices a customer service agent uses to assist shoppers with backoffice orders
- Not supported by incognito or private browser tabs
- Must be re-activated whenever cookies are cleared on the device