What happens if the Bolt service is unreachable?
Customers wil not be able to checkout using this payment method. Track service availability by navigating to Administration > Operations > Service Status > bolt.http and view the Service Status.
What does the customer experience when checking out using Bolt SFCC Embedded?
See Shopper Experience to learn about the logged-in and guest checkout flows for customers using Bolt embedded.
What are the limitations of this cartridge?
- Combined payments are not supported (e.g., gift card with credit card).
- If the customer is already logged into the store with an SFCC account, their email address may be automatically filled at checkout and this can cause Bolt to be bypassed. Call
int_bolt_embedded_sfra/cartridge/controllers/Bolt.jsto check if the customer has a Bolt account.
- SFCC sessions expire after 30 minutes of inactivity where shoppers enter privacy-related data such as shopper contact information, shipping address or payment details. If the shopper tries to checkout after the session expires, they encounter an error which prompts them to start the checkout process again. If the shopper decides to restart the checkout process, a new session is created and the request to check for the Bolt account must be made again.
- • If the shopper has a Bolt account and an active Bolt session does not exist, then the shopper is shown the modal to enter their one-time password (OTP) to authorize and continue.
- • If the shopper has a Bolt account and an active Bolt session exists, the shopper is shown a modal to authorize and continue.