Set Up Bolt for PayPal Payflow Pro
How to Integrate with PayPal Payflow Pro
1. Add Bolt and Merchant IPs to Allowlist
Use PayPal Payflow Pro’s Allowlist documentation to allow the following Bolt IPs:
Then, add your office IP addresses to the allowlist to ensure successful payment processing.
2. Obtain PayPal Payflow Pro Keys
- Go to your PayPal Payflow Pro Gateway account.
- Locate the following keys for use in a later step:
PayPal, or the ID provided to you by person who registered your account.
Vendor: The merchant login ID that you created when you registered for your PayPal Payflow Pro account.
User: If you have set up multiple users in your account, this is the ID of the user authorized to process transactions. If you are the only user on the account, this value is the same as
Password: The password associated with your PayPal Payflow Pro account.
3. Add Keys and Edit Payment Settings
- Log into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click Set Up PayPal Payflow Pro.
- Add the following credentials:
- Click Next.
- Edit the default payment settings to customize how processing works.
- Click Complete Setup.
4. Configure PayPal Payflow Pro Fraud Settings
For payments made with a card saved to a shopper’s account, Bolt does not transmit CVV match data to processors. To configure risk settings so the lack of this data does not trigger auto-declines:
Use the PayPal Payflow Pro guide on fraud to disable CVV filters.
With Fraud Protection
Bolt’s fraud detection engine uses advanced risk signals to protect your business from fraud. Since Bolt checkout doesn’t require shoppers to enter a billing address, Address Verification System (AVS) mismatch settings often trigger automatic declines on transactions from real shoppers with an otherwise low risk score.
Use the PayPal Payflow Pro guide on AVS settings to allow all transactions where the shipping and billing address do not match.
Without Fraud Protection
Contact your fraud solutions provider to inform them that payments transmitted via this processor will not provide CVV match information.
5. Configure Non-USD Currency
To display a non-USD currency in the PayPal Payflow Pro dashboard, work with the processor to configure the desired currency on the gateway.
A Paypal Payflow Pro gateway can only process one currency. For example, if a merchant who accepts USD also wants to accept CAD, they need to open an additional gateway.
6. Set Up Chargeback Notifications
Set up your communication preferences in PayPal Payflow Pro to receive digital notifications for new chargebacks. This ensures that you have enough time to submit the dispute and respond with evidence.
- With Fraud Protection: PayPal PayFlow Pro supports manual dispute submissions.
- Without Fraud Protection: Follow PayPal PayFlow Pro’s chargebacks handling process.
Place test orders with each acquiring bank to ensure that the integration is working as intended and fraud detection auto-declines are disabled.